Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Writing Exercise - Description?

As if frozen in a block of solid ice, the second hand hasn’t moved for hours. The clock, mounted on a mirror, no longer has any light to reflect for the last bit of sunlight is longer gone then it is to come. A dim light from the computer screen is all that illuminates the room, it is nowhere near enough, but I dare not turn on a light for fear of my parents seeing it. The room, usually as cheerful as it is busy, now looks to be the residency of a bear. 2:56. Tick tock. A few more clicks of the keyboard and the essay is starting to take shape. Not sloppy, nor hard to read, nor grammatically incorrect, the essay resembles many written before it. 3:15. Tick tock. The sun will be rising soon, to send its beautiful rays in my window signaling the start of a new day. Too soon, for the night is growing old, and the day is still quite young. 3: 22. Tick tock. Like the police stopping a speeding car, a writers block pops into my mind, taunting me, and not letting me finish the essay. I managed to beat it though. Haha I win. Tick tock.


No comments:

Post a Comment